DANIEL’S KEY SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Assessor and evaluator of grants, projects and programmes
• Carnival development expert, with thorough knowledge across all art forms
• Experienced trainer and facilitator, used to small groups, as well as audiences of 100+
• Developing school change projects focused on helping schools become more creative
• Event management (e.g. International Franchise Meetings for The Body Shop; Carnival Encounter 2002-4; Carnival Conference 2010; Creative Partnerships in Portsmouth)
• Fundraising and managing budgets from £500 to £750,000
• Brand management in commercial (The Body Shop International PLC) and arts sector
• Recruiting, supporting, managing and motivating teams
• Research and report writing in the arts and education sectors
1999 – current: Freelance Project Management
(as Takepart Arts Ltd specializing in arts participation)
• Creative Producer for Gunwharf Quays (Portsmouth): support in fundraising, and successful delivery of events.
• Creative Producer for UK Centre for Carnival Arts (Luton)
• Artistic Director of “Carnival Encounter” – initiated, fundraised and managed this successful mass participation annual event with audiences over 20,000 with over 1,200 people attending workshops
• General Manager of Carnival Network South East ( a lobbying and advocacy group) which I set-up.
• Trainer for young artists in east London for Kinetika.
• Evaluation of various project including Creative Partnerships (2006-9) Gunwharf Quays launch (2002); West Kent Arts Partnership (2005) Street Elders (2006)
• General Manager of Carnival Collective a leading carnival workshop and performance group. Overseen and performed in over 200 gigs/events; implementing administration and financial management system; fundraising (over £500,000 in 4 years), creative project initiation and management
• Winner of Arts & Business Community Partnership Award.